Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The First/Last Day of School

This morning, many bleary-eyed students and teachers stared unbelievingly at their ringing alarm clocks, dragged themselves out of bed, dressed in their pre-determined and much thought about first-day-of-school outfits, and headed back to school.

[The health coach in me would like to think that everyone ate a healthy breakfast too...?]

I didn't pack my lunch. I didn't wear a new dress. I didn't go back to school today.
And that's still a little weird, and maybe a little bit sad.

Mostly because I didn't get to buy a first-day-of-school dress. Duh.

Ok fine, also because I miss teaching more than words can describe. That too.

But ironically, instead of starting school this week, I finished.


Yes, that's correct. Listed as an expert in my field. Booyea/Holycannoli.

Board certified, licensed and graduated health coach, and owner of Hatch Health and Happiness, LLC!

[Cue "Pomp and Circumstance"]

Graduating from school online is a completely bizarre situation.

I had no idea what to expect, but was hoping for something similar to when you win computer solitaire.

Much to my displeasure, there were no flying cards. Nor was there online confetti.

A crime, I know!

Instead, these highly ecstatic and laudable words filled the screen:

"Congratulations. Please complete the course evaluation form."

WOOHOOO! Break out the kombucha! Throw the cap in the air! Head immediately to Whole Foods!

Because NOTHING warrants a graduation splurge at Whole Foods quite like completing a course evaluation...am I right?

Hm. Well let's hope so?

So there you have it. 
I'm official! 
Now my husband can't ignore me when I ever-so-casually suggest that he fill his plate with more vegetables!

No really, he can't, right?

And as weird/sad/new-dress-less as this first day of school was, I'd like to give a shout out to the universe for sending a big, fat "It's going to be okay" my way.

Much appreciated universe, many thanks.








2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I totally empathize with the impulse to buy the August dress and go to staples and buy 25 of everything. I totally understand the feeling of lingering loss when you wake up to realize that many of your friends are enjoying the fruition of laser leveling bulletin boards and double laminating desk plates to avoid little fingers peeling them. The good news is, though, that teaching isn't something you do; It is, instead, who you are. While the routine of teaching has been interrupted, you will find an outlet to be who you are. I am really proud of the accomplishments you have shown. More importantly, I am proud of you have become... I would vote SCS for you, all over again!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome!
    Online Alarm Clock

    ReplyDelete