Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Welp, didn't see THAT coming...

I always envisioned that the first time I came home with my very own ultrasound pictures, they would hold images of an adorable little baby-to-be and I would gleefully post them on the fridge.

Welp, scratch that.

In fairness, before I scratch that idea entirely, I must admit that I did get about a third of what I envisioned. I did come home with my very own ultrasound pictures. However, they don't show a baby and the glee factor was seriously lacking. 

In fact, all they show is my very own tumor. Just hanging out, waiting to be noticed.

Yep, a tumor. A tumor in my thyroid. 

Ya know, just in case I was getting bored...

I will have a needle biopsy of the tumor later this week and then my doctors and I will plan my treatment from there. The good news is that about 90% of thyroid tumors are benign and thyroid surgery is relatively routine. I will definitely have to have my thyroid removed regardless of the outcome, but any additional treatment depends on the biopsy results.

I better add "giant needle coming at my neck" to my bucket list so I can cross it off later this week. And on the bright side, the scar on my neck is pumped, because now there will be another neck slasher scar for it to hang out with. Most importantly, it will increase my ability to tell "I fought off a ninja" stories. Sweet.

So there you have it friends, out of left field and into the starting lineup.

I mean, sheesh, if you wanted more blog posts, all you had to do was ask.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think any of us saw this one coming. I'll be thinking about you this week and praying that all goes smoothly with the needle biopsy. Please let me know if you need anything. ALSO, clearly those ninjas never had a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, Lydia's body, you've done enough. You need to stop now.

    Lydia, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh! And you make me have hope......for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HYdration Lyd, as you have said for many years "hydration is the key to success." Have you been drinking enough water? Ilove you Lyd you area strong strong woman!

    ReplyDelete