Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Fortuitous Surgery


Well friends, I have a brand spanking new 4 inch scar across my neck to add to my ninja appeal, but it turns out I didn't need to make up a story to go with the scar.

Remember my little surprise tumor who showed up a few weeks ago and caused all sorts of panic? Well, that tumor was benign...but as it turns out, it had a friend who wasn't.

On the bright side, finding out you had cancer after it has been cut out works out rather well.

My surgeon is very confident that he got all traces of cancer along with my thyroid, so barring any surprises, my battle with cancer started and finished on the same day. Not too shabby.

Admittedly, I'm feeling rather rough, but I know that will get better with each passing day and I am incredibly grateful for the gift I have been given. I'll have repeat feeding tube surgery tomorrow and something tells me that I'll start to feel better once I have a working tube. Ya know, because I'm told that nutrients are kinda vital to overall health. Just a hunch.

I couldn't be more thankful for all of your thoughts, prayers and good wishes.

I am one lucky ninja.

1 comment:

  1. We love ninjas! You are sneaky and graceful ( all those things we know you are Lyd)....I"m so glad they removed everything! Finally some luck!I think about you so much, you are a strong women fit to be a ninja!

    ReplyDelete