Monday, February 20, 2012

Same song, second verse...

Well friends, tonight's homework is to think of some really fantastic pirate stories. Unfortunately the laser damaged the duct of my right submandibular gland during the surgery to remove my stone, and now I need to get the gland removed. The doctor gave it a good two weeks to open on its own and despite the fabulous gland opening thoughts from blog readers across the world...no such luck. But I do appreciate the effort!

So. Tomorrow I go under the knife around 11:30 AM...well, I report at 11:30, which I've learned means that my actual surgery won't be until 1:30 or 2:00 PM...boo. I will be in the hospital overnight because the doctor will have to insert a drain into the site. Drains are standard in the neck area, because for obvious reasons, swelling in that department isn't the best (ya know, breathing is generally healthy).

The way I figure...it's one fewer gland for me to get a stone in again...right?

Ok, friends...pirate stories. Go!

4 comments:

  1. I have had, during my life, four scars on my body 4" or longer. But aaarrrgh! I'm not going to tell you where ; )

    Thinking happy thoughts for a smooth procedure.

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, here's my first submission to the contest (it is a contest, right?)


    There you were reviewing Virginia State History for the SOLs. Of course you were discussing the ever exciting Roanoke Island Mystery. Suddenly, out of nowhere a Pirate ghost jumped up from under your Smart Board and sliced your neck with a rusty blade. Your crime? Digging too deep into the disappearance of an entire colony of pale white folks with poor geography skills. At least now we know what happened. PIRATES.

    Ok- not great, but I just finished writing a community college research "paper" on autism and I'm mildly dumber for the wear. Love you- hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are pirates pirates? They just arrrrrr! Good luck today. B from Allergy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I typed your name into my favorite pirate name generator, and your new name is Suzanna the Slovenly. And here's your pirate quote for the day: Run through that goblin lest I dance a jog on him. Begad! (In other words, I'm sending you good thoughts for a speedy recovery, Suzanna. Hugs from me, Mad Ethel.)

    ReplyDelete